Sunday, July 29, 2007

Mummy... it's over!

Yesterday was the last day of my two-month long internship at IBN. In a way, I was really happy that I wouldn't have to go to work anymore, but another part of me knew I would miss the place terribly.. and the fun I had during my internship.. both at IBN and at NUS..

I'm going to miss sleeping after midnight, most often at 1-2 and then snoozing the alarm a hundred times in the morning! Taking the NUS shuttle bus and then waiting for the Biopolis one next to NUH.. Waking up late on weekends and having lots of fun! Coming back from work and going swimming, playing cards, going out for dinner or for a movie, or simply watching movies on the comp.. [I've lost count of how many I've watched this summer!]

I'll miss the fun times at IBN.. the friends I made there over the course of two months.. a couple of whom I got really close to.. I wonder if I'll ever see them again, coz one of them lives in the US. It's a strange feeling, when you see someone everyday for 2 months, discuss your everyday events with them.. only to realize that you might never see that person again.. :( The messages that I would get the moment the clock struck 12.. saying "Lunch!! I'm hungry!".. getting my non-Indian friends to eat at Annalakshmi with me.. explaining to them what each dish was.. deciding how much to pay! Frequent visits to the IBN pantry to make milo or just to have cold water and read the newspapers.. waiting for the blessed 6 o clock.. having one hour breaks while doing an experiment [You get loads of these in research :P].. wearing my lab-coat and gloves and getting the feeling of being a dentist or something.. getting irritated when I had to do certain irritating and repetitive procedures.. getting instructions from my mentor.. talking about general stuff with her [She's only 5 years older], cracking jokes with people around..

It was a truly memorable experience.. I learnt a lot, and had fun all the same. At IBN, they don't call it 'internship'.. they call it 'attachment'.. Need I say more?

10 comments:

Subramanian Ramachandran said...

First timer and am here from Prithz' blog :)

hehe...a very interesting post..... come to think of it, yea...the same thing that troubled us while we are at a mission, we wud be missing it once that mission gets over...... Great :)

sankaran said...

wow! urs seemed like a lotta fun...unlike mine =| hehe

Archun said...

haha! attachment indeed! Looks like you had quite some fun! But I won't miss mine too much - The routine was too tiring..hehe..

Confused Soul said...

#Rsubras,
Welcome to my space! Do frequent :)

#Shankar and Archun,
Mine got a little repetitive too after a while, but over-all, I loved it, and I'm definitely gonna miss lots of things about my internship! :)

Anonymous said...

Heyz!

keep in touch gal =D

Confused Soul said...

#Bee,
Will definitely do! :) I miss our weird conversations over lunch and at the pantry already!

soleil said...

You seem to have become attached to the place so calling it an attachment is appropriate :)

Macho Girl said...

wow... I wonder if i will feel the same way when my 1 year project is over. Yeah, it is sorta strange when you take everything for granted, talk to someone on a daily basis about random things then all of a sudden wake up one day to realise you might never see them or talk to them that way any more. Its sorta like some of our school friends who were sorta close to us in school but now not close enough to maintain contacts. Weird, one day I'm in India with them and the next, I'm at Singapore without them and i'll never be close to them again!

(hmmm... bad analogy... just realised but decided not to delete it :P :P :P)

Here's keeping up with our blog comments tradition ;) sorry about the delay girlie!!

Confused Soul said...

#Soleil,
:)

#Macho Girl,
You might never be close to your school friends again, but you can meet them when you go back to India..In my case, I wonder if I'll ever get to meet her again coz she lives in some remote part of America.. :(

Anusha said...

Update update update! :D