Thursday, July 27, 2006

Summer Vacations :)

Three longgg months.. with nothing much to do.. that was my summer this year! And I guess it was pretty much the same with most of us.. I just felt like writing about all that I did these vacations, now that I have only one day of it to go.. :(

My vacation started off in Delhi.. My first cousin was getting married.I had a nice time at the wedding, and met most of my relatives there. I spent just a couple of days in Delhi, after which my parents and me went to Vaishnodevi. We took a train to Jammu,then a taxi to Katra and finally went up the mountain on horseback! [We were too lazy to walk up! And even if we did, it would have taken us ages to cover a 14 km trek! :P] After this, we had a relaxing 2 day stay at Patnitop.. which is just a small hill station with a few gardens.We then went back to Jammu and took a train from there to Delhi. At the Jammu station, some cop told my mom that there was a bomb scare at the station.. [Well, we all know about J & K's terrorist attacks and stuff..] Only I know how scared I was!!!Thankfully, it was a hoax, and nothing happened! :)

I got back to Chennai in the second week of May, and initially I was absolutely clueless about how I would spend the rest of the vacation.. but I managed to do quite a lot of things, and so I had a fun time altogether.

Just a week after I got to Chennai,I started driving classes. That kept me busy as I would parctise after my class also. Soon after I started my driving classes, I met Sachin! That was a truly wonderful experience..After this I started blogging, because so many people asked me about my Sachin experience, that I decided to write about it, and told them to read it! Apart from this, I also started orkutting and in a few days I realised that orkut was very addictive indeed!!

In the last week of May, my dad's sister [whose daughter got married in May] came over to Chennai for a couple of weeks and I had a great time taking her around.

I watched loads of movies these holidays.. newly released ones as well as older ones I had missed out on. I also read a few books, and these two things kept me busy when I had nothing else to do!

I went to my dad's office for a week, and he taught me a bit about accounts and stuff.. But I only went for a week, and only for half a day each day, so I don't know how much I remember now!! [:P]

I met my close school friends a lot of times, and we re-lived our school days..none of us have changed beyond a teeny-weeny bit, if at all. Since I was very jobless, my friends asked me to organise a re-union of our batch. So I started contacting people and managed to organise one in the last week of June.Not too many people turned up, since exams had just gotten over n stuff, but we had a nice time.

Just before the re-union at school, we got the good news that my second cousin in Bangalore got engaged! So I had a sudden and unexpected trip to bangalore, to attend the engagement. I enjoyed with all my cousins there.I stayed only for 3-4 days as I wanted to be back for the re-union.

After this I was waiting for my parents' wedding anniversary and my mom's birthday, which fall on consecutive days.. We went out for dinner for their anniversary, [during the day Macho girl, Prina and me had had a nice salt-container experience!] and for mom's birthday, my friends came over for lunch. We cut a cake in the evening with my cousins who live in Chennai.

The next day, I left for Calcutta.. I had intended to go to Cal from the beginning and it wasn't a sudden plan or anything. I have my nanibadi [Mom's parents and their family] in Cal.. I ate so much in Cal that everyday I felt I had an upset stomach!! But I didn't really care.. coz Cal is famous for its food.. and I knew I wouldn't get very appetising food in Singapore! I watched a few movies there also. I was there for around 8-9 days.

After I got back to Chennai, I was just busy meeting my friends once again, and doing a bit of last minute shopping.. And today, I can't believe how three months have just flown by. Initially, I really didn't know what I would do in the hols and thought I would be jobless most of the time, but with my parents, and my friends,I didn't realise how time flew!

I had a nice time, and a good break from Singapore! I did miss Singapore and my NUS friends at times, but we kept in touch through orkut, mails, messaging, calls and missed calls! [We would give each other missed calls whenever we missed each other, or generally to imply Hey! Hope u're good.. I'm fine too!! Lol!!]

I have a day of my holidays to go.. and I'm going to spend it packing!! Now I can't wait to get to Singapore.. but I know I will really miss home.. my parents.. but it's ok, coz december isn't far away! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

jaaneman..aapka besabri se intezaar hai (:

~ chocoswiss

Macho Girl said...

I also had an amazing 3 months! I spent so much time with my parents! Now I miss them a lot :( But as you said, december isnt too far off, so might as well enjoy the semester with my family of friends here :)