Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Salt container!!

I was just talking about not being able to find enought topics to blog about.. and here I am, writing a post two days later! Hehe.. Actually, what happened with me today was pretty hilarious and so I thought it would be very nice recalling all that happened.

Macho girl, Prina and me decided to meet up at Spencers plaza today and we met there at around 11. We loafed around a bit, and then Macho girl realised that she wanted to buy a birthday present for a friend and Prina wanted to buy an Indian type of wallet.... basically, a wallet which wasn't the usual leather type.. I was looking for a salt container to keep in my kitchen.. [Not that I cook or for that matter visit my kitchen very often..lol..but right now, we keep salt next to the stove in a plastic box.. the kind they give you at take-away counters[!], and I don't quite like the look of a horrible looking plastic box..Hehe..] So we started looking out for what we wanted to buy, and after a while Macho girl decided that she would buy it later and Prina decided Shoppers Stop had better wallets! So we had just one thing in mind.. a Salt container!!

First of all, Macho and Prina were shocked that we kept salt in the open.. in a container without a lid.. what if it got moist or water dropped into it? So they were hell bent on me buying a conatiner with a lid! I agreed momentarily.. but I knew that we were used to having an open salt conatiner.. and even I bought a typical salt container, either it would be put away.. or the lid would definitely go missing in a day or two..
However, Macho and Prina kept picking up containers with lids whereas I kept looking at ones without lids! Both of them were very irrirated and tried persuading me to buy one with a lid.. and here are some of the things they told me..
  • Since salt is bad for health, [whenever did that happen by the way??] you better have a lid on.. so you won't use much..
  • What if the kitchen tap was left open by mistake and the kitchen got flooded?? Then what would happen to the salt?? Oh my god!!
  • Buy a microvavable salt container so that even if the salt gets moist, the moisture would evaporate when microwaved.
  • [I kept looking out for lidless ones..] Oh forget it, you're not going to listen.. [And they started picking up water jugs instead.. and then they said...] Why don't you buy this.. and persuade your mom to have a big party.. so she'd need lots of salt...?? And it would flow out of the jug.. What say?
There were so many other things we said and did.. the expressions we gave.. the kind of stuff we tried using as salt containers.. it was just too funny.. I had an awesome time.. no prizes for guessing what I finally bought in the end.. A short and wide mouthed glass, made of glass, with pretty green and yellow stripes.. So what if it wasn't the best one .. or wasn't to Macho or Prina's liking? It would atleast serve as a better salt container than a stupid plastic box!!!

Before.. The stupid plastic box..

After.. A much better choice??

11 comments:

Macho Girl said...

haha! It was hilarious!!!! I can't remember laughing so much!!! Not just the whole salt container thingy, even all the PJs and VPJs that were exchange over tasty pav bhaji! PLus how cud you forget to mention this dudette! Remember Prina's excellent suggestion about the placemat? ABout why its a double benefit for you if you keep it upside down? ANd what about the candle we saw at Archies Gallery? Remember? The candle stand WITH A LID! :P

Man, I really really enjoyed myself. Maybe u shud write a post on the little convo we had in Subway during christmas hols about your little trip ;)

Confused Soul said...

#Macho girl
Since I've already posted lame jokes here, may me you should blog about it instead, probably when you can't find any other topic to blog about!! :D

Führer said...

cute salt container ;-)

Unknown said...

hey.. tat was hilarious!! lil tings in life r worth giving a blog for!!!

Macho Girl said...

pssst.... hey confused girl! Your new salt container is missing a lid! :P

Word verification: chhpl
Sounds like "chappal" doesn't it? ;)

soleil said...

I'm still wondering you want a salt container without a lid.... :p

Spaax said...

so hey,

will you remember me from school i wonder?

makes for interesting reading, but am confused, does the container have a lid now?

Spaax said...

so lets see if this helps..

Debates? Nirmal house? Against Alice in one of the most sexist motions set by GSC "frailty thy name is woman?"??

Confused Soul said...

#Macho girl
You know what.. god listened to your prayers.. and that container is not being used as a salt container anymore.. its being used as a glass only! But it didn't solved the purpose.. coz the salt is back to the plastic box..lol.. And chappal.. hmm well, arrrrgh!! You threatening to slap me with it?? :P

Anusha said...

HAHAHAHAHA! Hilarious post! I wish I'd been there - I can just imagine you guys joking about and making those silly comments!

And it doesn't have a lid, finally! My God, girl...will you never learn? :P

Anonymous said...

lollllllllllllll
waise, salt is considered bad cos it causes high bld pressure or something.. but wateva!! i love lickin gd old plain salt *grins*
~ chocoswiss