Thursday, June 29, 2006

I can drive!! Yipeeeeeee :D

One useful thing I've done these holidays is that I've learnt how to drive!! Just a week after I got back to Chennai, I enrolled myself in a driving school and got my LLR [Learner's Licence]. My dad told me to choose the 9 a.m. class so that I would wake up while it was morning during the holidays!! Lol.. otherwise, I'm sure I would have snored away till noon... or may be even later than that..! So I used to wake up with the help of alarm clocks everyday at around 8 30 and go for class.. A maruti 800 was what I learnt in.. It was good fun.. I can never forget the day of my first class.. I was so excited that I drove!! Even though I drove only on the first gear, or occasionally the second!! I was dancing and shouting around the entire house 'coz I drove for the first time!!!

The classes continued for almost a month.. because I used to have classes only 5 days a week.. so 20 classes in all.. But I was obviously practising at home also.. I started taking my car on the main roads and crowded places as well. But I never took the care alone.. either the driver or dad or mom used to sit next to me.

It used to be really very funny when my driver would pull the hand break to avoid a collision, even though I would be 5 feet away! Precaution... Hmmmm... lol..

Soon I was pretty confident of my driving, and started taking my family around.. I would want to go out just because I would get a chance to drive!! My parents kept giving me tips.. though I must say that my mom used to get irriatated [and scared!] very qucikly!! But my dad was very patient with me.. and I owe most of what I've learnt to him..and of course, to my driving school as well..

One month later.. I took my driving test.. but it was a cake walk.. 'coz they hardly asked us to do anything at all!! I just drove around 100 metres! Lol.. Around 8 of us took the test in 10 mins, so what could one expect!! Haha.. So here I am, really excited and happy, that I finally can drive, and for a couple of days now, I've been taking the car alone...and..well,all I can say is... I am reallllllllly happy!!! :D Thank you God! And thanks to everyone else who has been part of my learning process!This post is for you! :D

6 comments:

Macho Girl said...

hey thats totally cool! I got my driving test this monday and I dont mind admitting that I am a tad bit nervous :-S Hope I get my license!

My driving classes were at 8am! I used to get up at 7!!! u lazy bum! getting up so late! :P

But congrats on ur driving skills! Now we can go on a road trip! :D

Unknown said...

hey da.. me too joined.. and did you know this - the driving school people use a second clutch and brake, and control it for quite some time!!! i was shocked, but it enhances safety i guess..

Confused Soul said...

#The teller
Initially the second brake and clutch did give me a bit of confidence I should say, but later.. when I got the hang of driving, I used to find it annoying indeed that the driver was also controlling the car!I wanted to do it alone!!

soleil said...

All you gals are learning to drive and getting your licenses while the closest I've gotten to driving is sitting in the front seat beside the driver and giving directions :p haha. I like being chauffeured around ;)

Führer said...

Heyy
Congrats ya...that was pretty quick...it felt like yesterday when u told me u had started taking lessons...hehe...gr8 going gal!
tc

Anonymous said...

wowwwww..... =)


i have had one f***in 'lesson' so far :p
u bttr drive me ard..
dun think me dad has the patience to teach me so u are booked gal!! :D

~chocoswiss