Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Dear Sir or Madman...

I came across some actual blunders made by job seekers in Reader's Digest.. they're hilarious!

- I am sure you have looked through several resumes with the same information about work experience, education, and references. I am not going to give you any of that stuff.

- My mother delivered me without anaesthesia, so I have an IQ of 146 and can therefore learn anything.

- I realize that my total lack of appropriate experience may concern those considering me for employment.

- I have integrity, so I will not steal office supplies and take them home.

- Please don't regard my 14 positions as job-hopping. I never once quit a job.

- I'm attacking my CV for your review.

- I realized that my resume is no longer exemplary thanks to my family destroying the computer file.

- Here are my qualifications for you to overlook.

- Thank you for your consideration. Hope to hear from you shorty!

4 comments:

Macho Girl said...

look who's back in the world of blogging!!! :D :D :D And with a hilarious post!! Way to go girlie!

Keep writing :)

Confused Soul said...

Thank you :) Btw the previous post is the only one you haven't commented on.. haha :P

Someday's dreamer said...

CV for attacking ! hehe , loved that one :)

Anusha said...

HEY! :D

I realize that my total lack of appropriate experience may concern those considering me for employment.

I swear, I've written stuff like this in my resumes. Not in those same words, but still. Same message. Honesty is the best policy, right? :P