Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Whatever! :(

~ Three of my sandals/slippers have snapped in the last four days. Coincidence? Just plain bad luck? The first, while I was walking towards the library. I had no choice but to carry it in my hand and walk into the library. After borrowing the book I wanted to, I asked the librarian for some tape. My sandals were fine after that, for exactly ten seconds. So I walked from the library to the bus stop holding the sandals in my hand again! About 15 people stared at me, some of them more than once (!), and one old uncle walking towards me looked at me and started laughing! I joined him! The whole thing was pretty hilarious. I was as amused at their reactions as they were about me walking barefoot, sandals in hand. I was wondering why they were so amused.. When their slippers snap, is this not what they do? I feel it is better to walk barefoot with a pair of broken slippers in your hand, than just walking barefoot on the pavement!

Coming to the second pair of sandals, one of them snapped when I was crossing the road in Holland Village, and the other, half an hour later in Clarke Quay! But this time, they had snapped such that a little bit of tape kept the sandals in walkable condition till I got back to campus.

The third - well, my bathroom slippers. All three pairs are lying in some garbage can somewhere! I guess it's high time I went footwear shopping!

~ I've been swimming at SRC for the past few days.I meet Macho Girl at the bus stop outside MPSH and we go to the pool together. I usually take the A1 from PGP, but today I decided to take the A2 since I had to return the book I borrowed the other day from Hon Sui Sen Library. Since I didn't want to keep Macho Girl waiting, I decided to do this: Get off at the biz2 stop, run quickly to the lib, put the book into the 'book drop' machine, run to the Tamasek bus stop and catch the same A2, which would take time to get there coz it would have to go through the business loop, plus I saw it caught in some kind of a mini traffic jam opposite KR. It went off as I had planned, just that I reached the Tamasek stop huffing and puffing. Finally reached the pool, only to realize that I had forgotten my costume!! Everything else was there - goggles, cap, towel, sarong, only my costume was missing. Wonderful. So much for getting almost breathless to catch that A2 and not keep MG waiting! Going to keep her waiting for a day now!

~ We booked seats for HP5 online, and then site then directed us to the online payment section. But somehow, the transaction got cancelled. So we decided to start over. But to our dismay, the seats that we had planned to book (they were good seats) now showed the status 'blocked'!! Blocked by us! But we had received no confirmation ID or anything for us to go claim it again! We felt like such fools. But luckily for us, the site said that seats get blocked if a transaction stops midway, but after 15 minutes if it is still not completed, the seats become available again. Thank God! We finally got our seats back a little later!

~ This post seriously proves the fact that I am a confused soul, doesn't it? :P And when one is talking about me, how can lame jokes not come into the picture? Cookie Monster and me had gone to Macho girl's place for dinner on Sunday. But it started raining really heavily and we were kind of stranded at her place! Haha.. So Macho suggested we stay over at her place.. but both cookie monster and me had the same problem - both of us didn't have our lens solution and couldn't sleep with it on. Macho asked if water would do. We said yes. So she said, 'There you go! We found the solution to our problem!' And immediately I pointed out the lame joke in it, and so did cookie monster.. I guess I'm getting everyone around me to think just like me! :P

16 comments:

Macho Girl said...

The title should be "whatever! :P"! Why sad smiley lor?! Laughter is always the best medicine!

And those people werent laughing at you!!! Nobody was looking at you weirdly!! All in your imagination, child! ;) The old man did laugh though, that i will admit. But u were laughing yourself! :)

And shouldnt sandal snapping time be a moment of celebration that you get to buy a brand new pair? :)

Confused Soul said...

#Macho girl,

Why only one pair? Three snapped, I'm gonna buy 6 more :P

Anonymous said...

lol...wut a day it mustv been! hahaha sounds hilarious...u mustv jz been staring at de third pair wen dey broke...shocked dat is! haha well entertaining article! =D

n 6?!?! my god...soon u'll snap 4 pairs! :P

Archun said...

hehe...really cute one!! Couldn't stop grinning :P

Confused Soul said...

#Shankar and Archun,

Thanks! I'm glad you guys enjoyed it :D

Mithr said...

lol... I would deliberately snap my old sandals to get new ones. You don't feel very nice when you buy new pairs inspite of having old pairs that are in perfect condition. So there you go.. Treat yourself with an expensive brand :D:D:D:D:D isn;t there a MAS sale ?? or john little.?? did i just hear that ??? ermmm ermm.. not tempting you

Anusha said...

Haha, that was quite a day you had! MG told me about you forgetting your costume - you're so duh sometimes! And then you go and laugh at me for something like strawberry flavoured vanilla rolls. Everyone has their "duh" moments! :D

Confused Soul said...

#Mithr,
Expensive brand or not, I'm definitely going on a shopping spree! :D

#Clueless,
Haha..very true! But as some people would say.. "You're duh sometimes? Nay, you're duh all the time! :P"
*Why exactly am I pulling my own leg?*

Anonymous said...

well girls never need a reason to go on a shopping spree....u'll even break slippers to go on one! my god! freaks! lol....y m i nt surprised....hahaha

Unknown said...

nice one!! my heeled sandals broke on my way back from an interview. the other heel would not break. so i threw them both and travelled barefoot from harbour front to pgp! beat that now.. he he .

Anonymous said...

haha ur fellow depressed friend here...

get shoes of bigger sizes nx time, haha... and bring along an extra pair everytime since your sandals tend to snap just like that =P

Confused Soul said...

#The teller,
Haha!! That was sad.. But I would have carried the snapped pair in my hand, as I did this time! :P

#Bee,
As I said before, I'm gonna buy loads of new ones :P

Anonymous said...

a refreshing new background colour! haha see you on mon

Anonymous said...

hey! nice chg in blog! =)

Confused Soul said...

#Bee and Shankar,
Thanks! I created a new post so that ppl don't comment on this one :P

Siddharth said...

//...laughing! I joined him!//
lol.. that was hilarious! :D
and 3 sandals in such a short span of time..hehe... I hope u don't break the new ones that easily *touch(sandal)wood!* lol!
And ya... the post was the characterstically Confused!! hehe... Enjoyed! :)