Friday, May 11, 2007

Bookmarks!

I've been tagged again, and this time I have to list out all the links on my bookmarks toolbar. Here goes! I'm going to list them in the order in which they appear on my toolbar.. though I didn't really set them that way.. The newest bookmarks are put at the end, though I reposition a few.. Okay, here goes..
  • IVLE, where I access my leture notes and everything related to our modules.
  • CORS, which is used only at the beginning of each semester to bid for the modules I want.
  • Google, I don't have to say anything about it, do I?
  • Google Book Search, this is useful when I have to search for information for projects.
  • NUS, the main page of the National University of Singapore.. when I want to search for any information pertaining to NUS, I use the search option on the site. I also use this site at home to access my NUS e-mail.
  • Gmail, the most frequently visited site on my list!
  • Hotmail and Yahoo! Mail, no comments!
  • MSN News, to keep myself updated on all that's happening around the world. I hardly visit this site though :P
  • The Hindu, where I update myself on stuff happening in India.
  • Wikipedia, very useful indeed :)
  • Oxford English Dictionary, saves me the trouble of having to browse my dictionary to look for the meaning of a word I don't know. Here it's just a click away :P
  • Confused Soul, my blog page!
  • Orkut, I was so addicted to this at one point! Luckily for me, there's some problem with my orkut now, and it doesn't open in firefox, and so I use it less often!
  • You tube, I use it when I am jobless, want to watch a movie or when I want to take a break while studying.
  • Facebook, my latest addiction :)
  • I can't tell you the name of this site, because my gang of friends back home and me use it to write coded messages to each other on orkut :P
  • Mag4u, where I used to download old hindi songs.I haven't visited this site in ages!
  • Papuyaar[fmw11], where I download all new hindi songs from.. actually I don't download songs these days, coz I get it from friends who've already downloaded them..so it saves me time and trouble :P
  • DBS internet banking, a boon!
  • Find Artciles, as the name suggests,but I don't think I've ever used it to find any articles for projects!
  • Babel Fish Translation, it's a site where you can translate a line from a particluar language to any language in the world! I've used it a couple of times for.. ahem ahem.. if you wanna know, ask me in person, I'm too shy to say it here :P
  • Hidden Emoticons from Yahoo! Messenger, I had searched for them once, and bookmarked it, but haven't used them ever!
  • Amazing Photos, this is a link that of my friends once sent me, I loved the photos and so I bookmarked them!
  • HyderabadiWeb, I watched an online movie here once, and it's on my list for future movie watching :P
  • Love - Wikiquote, my friend sent me this link, and it's been there ever since.. I wonder why I bookmarked it though.. may be.. ermm.. hmm.. I don't know! :P
  • AIESEC in Singapore, I don't know why it's on my list..I'm trying to remember why!
  • Rajshri Movies, where you can watch all their movies online.. never watched any though.
  • Centris, for all PGP complains,a boon again :)
  • Buddha Bar, a collection of nice songs..
  • I have lots of bookmarked sites containing information on stuff that I learn in my modules. If I search for something when I do an assignment or a project and find an interesting site that gives me information related to what I'm learning, I bookmark them for future reference.
That's about it.. Phew! That was a long list! I just realised that I hardly use some of the links on my list. But I guess it's ok.. I'll just let it be there.. you never know when I might need them :)

2 comments:

Anusha said...

Walau! That's a lot of bookmarks! I only accomodate the ones I can see on my toolbar, so they get pretty limited. Nonetheless, cool list! :)

Macho Girl said...

What did u translate on that Babel Fish thingy? Tell us!! Or if you are too shy to tell here, include it in your next addition to our chain mail ;)

Interesting list. Its very.... YOU! I expected this! Especially the photos and quotes stuff. As clueless said, thats a lot of bookmarks! I think I shall be stealing a few useful ones from you. And oh... google is my home page so when I open my browser, its that! Damn useful ;)