Saturday, February 17, 2007

*Hum Tum*

Yes. You're right. It's the movie Hum Tum starring Rani Mukherjee and Saif Ali Khan that I'm talking about. It might seem stupid but I've watched that movie a zillion times already! And I watched it only in Singapore! Don't ask me why, it just happened. I think I know the dialogues by heart now! Lol!

All my friends find it very weird. Do you? :P

So many times I rememeber a random scene.. I know the scene and what the dialogues are but I don't remember which movie it is from or who the actors are. This has happened to me many times.. and when I asked around and found the answer.. it always was.. hum tum! That's just the effect of watching the movie soooo many times!

Actually the first time I saw the movie, I liked it, but not too much. I found the idea of shuttling between Paris, New york and different cities in India very confusing. Every fifteen minutes it would say "3 months later - Delhi" or "3 years later - Paris".. but when I watched it a few more times, I really enjoyed it!! Especially some of the cartoon scenes with the guy Hum and the girl Tum.This happens to me a lot with songs as well. Very often, when I listen to a song for the first time, I don't quite enjoy it.. but after I listen to it 2-3 times, it becomes one of my favourites! Isn't that weird? Does it happen to you as well?

Okay, this was a pretty random post, but I couldn't think of anything else to write about.. my next post will be on BC [Venmai] and all the things associated with it, I guess. Lets see!
And yes, the next time you want to know anything about Hum Tum, you know who to contact! :)

5 comments:

Anusha said...

Heh, I get the "I hate this song!" 15 repeats later..."I love it!" thing too. MG has hooked me on to loads of songs I never gave a second thought to previously ;)

I've only watching "Hum Tum" once, so I can't comment much about it - but I guess we all have our addictions! :D

Anusha said...

Yikes, I hate typos! I meant "only watched" :P

Macho Girl said...

haha. Random post on random thoughts of random scenes! I've watched the movie only once... u got the CD??? lend it to me when u run off to chennai for the break!!!! i'll sit and watch! :D :D

i know the dialogues of the ENTIRE movie of Lion King, line by line, scene by scene!!! I watched it so many times as a kid, teenager (and now adult? :P)

And hey.. was this post just an excuse to advertise for Venmai??!! Huh huh huh??????!!!! :P When is that post coming up? If u say "after March 21st".. zhor ka thapad!!! so watch out!

Nabeel K said...

I think you're talking about learnt behaviours and acquired tastes. It happens to most of us - the first time we eat something, hear something, smell something, read something or watch something - we may not like it but the second time around we might like it better. By this theory you can actually start liking Durians [which I'm sure you - being from Chennai - don't].

Hum Tum was a decent movie. I can say the same thing about DDLJ.

And Venmai sounds so Burmese! Who could guess it's the Indian Ensemble!?! Look forward to attending it though [the poster on the website is illegible but I'm guessing as 21st March draws nearer I'll know when and where to go].

Siddharth said...

haha..
At one point of time, even I had the same 'addiction' for Hum Tum...But I guess it died over time...still love the movie and especially the "Champak Bhumia" scene.. :D
Well for me, I think Andaz Apna Apna is the all-time-addiction. Have already and can watch it another zillion times!!